After all the processes have been completed and the product has passed the inspection QA will release the product. The batch record and a sample of the finished product are retained for future reference. If a customer has a question about a product QA can refer to the retention sample of the lot in question.
The following list shows a few of the tests we conduct in our premises as well as in association with the other laboratories :-
- Ash Testing - is simply a measure of the mineral content. The higher the ash count, the more minerals are present in the flour. To calculate ash count, the miller puts a sample into a container (called an ash muffle), and incinerates it in a very hot oven to burn off all the organic material, until all that remains is the mineral residue. This residue (or ash) is then weighed in relation to the original sample weight to calculate the ash count for that sample. Ash testing originated is a means of measuring the quality of the milling process.
- Finished Product Auditing – Once a product has been produced, each lot is statistically sampled and finally the product is audited by Quality assurance inspectors for bulk weight, Liquid volume bottle count, Bottle sealing and legible lot number samples are then given to QA labs so that scientists can complete testing according to finished product specifications.
Microbiological Testing - Mother Herbs ensures the quality and purity of their herbs and natural herbs supplements by utilizing an instrument called a bactometer. It detects the growth of an organism by the change of electronic signal passed through the testing.
- E.coli Testing – The danger of the E.coli bacteria are well known. In large enough quantities, these bacteria can be fatal. Mother Herbs test sometimes raw material for the presence of E.coli using specially designed E.coli plate that contain an indicator that turn the bacteria blue. This allows for visual identification of the bacteria and of course rejection of that particular lot of raw material in necessary.
- Salmonella Testing – Mother Herbs test for Salmonella Sp. in herb raw material and product using what is called a 1-2 test. This test allows us to obtain what is called result much more quickly than standard culture method.
- Mold And Yeast Testing – Mother Herbs regularly perform yeast and mold count using the bactometer. Its special module contain the element a mold or yeast would need to sustain life if it were present when the organism grows, it is detected on the bactometer.
High Performance Liquid Chromatography – This extremely sensitive computerized tool allow Mother Herbs to analyze the ingredient in the mixture. Mother Herbs sometimes use HPLC to examine the purity and potency of raw materials mostly in economically feasible raw materials.