Chemical Constituents and Components:
- Grade Standard: Medicine Grade
- Organic Type: Organic
- Common Name: Indian Aloe
- Active Ingredient: Aloin 2% & Aloin 5%
- Use: It is used in catarrhal
- Botanical Name: Aloe Vera
Main chemical components are aloesin, isoaloesin, aloesone, aloin, emodin, methyl-p-coumarate, barbaloin, chrysophanol, glucose, galactose, mannose, galacturonic acid, mucilage, and 18 amino acids.
1. It reduces inflammation by blocking production 9f thromboxane A2' inactivating bradykinin, inhibiting prostaglandin A2, and inhibiting oxidation of arachidonic acid.
2. It stimulates colonic motility, causes active secretion of fluids and electrolytes in the lumen and inhibits reabsorption of fluids from the colon.
3. It stimulates regeneration of cells in the islets of Langerhans, including beta cells.
4. It increases cardiac contraction.
5. It blocks the conversion of histidine to histamine as a result of the inhibition of histidine decarboxylase.
6. It is significant in the treatment of ulcerative colitis.
7. It is helpful in healing burning wounds by epithelialization.
1. It is bitter, cooling, anthelmintic, carminative, antidiabetic, diuretic, stomachic, ophthalmic and alexertic.
2. It is useful in dyspepsia, amenorrhoea, flatulence, constipation, colic, hepatopathy and splenopathy.
3. It is used in skin diseases, burns, abdominal tumors, dropsy, sciatica, and lumbago.
4. It is used in painful inflammations and chronic ulcers.
5. It is used in catarrhal and purulent ophthalmia.
Study shows that Aloe vera gel is effective in treating partial thickness burn wound. It shows early epithelialization. (Ref. Visuthikosol V and et.al., Effect of aloe vera gel to healing of burn wound a clinical and histologic study. PubMed, 1995 Aug; 78 (8): 403-9)
Possible Combinations :
Aloe vera + prunus amygdalus + alternanthera sessilis + rubia cordifolia (anti-inflammatory and antibacterial)